SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Large glass decanter
- Medium glass vase
- Small glass vase
- Hemp twine
- White & aqua spray paint
- White acrylic paint
- Small flat brush
- Hot glue gun/extra glue
- Painter’s tape
- X-Acto® blade
- Heavy weight white paper
- Dowel rod
- Cutting mat
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Starting with the large glass decanter, Glue hemp around the neck of the bottle (as shown). Next, use a sharpie to create a monogram in the middle base of the glass. Using hot glue trace over the sharpie letters to create your monogram, use steady strokes and take your time. Clean up any uneven edges with your X-Acto® blade. Above the hemp add dots and shapes to create a decorative embellishment. Remove any sharpie that is visible on the glass or it will show through the spray paint. Paint the hemp portion of the vase white with the acrylic paint and set aside to dry.
2. Tape down painters tape to the cutting mat, with a ruler cut down the tape to create different widths of tape. Adhere the tape to the vase varying the widths and spacing of the tape. Set aside
3. Add hemp to the neck of the small glass vase, glue in place with hot glue. Paint the hemp portion white with acrylic paint and set aside to dry.
4. Cut the white paper into 4 squares, two 2-1/2", one 2" and one 1". Fold them in half then in half the other direction and cut a pedal or leaf shape into the square. Make sure you do not cut the point off where all the pedals meet, similar to creating a paper snowflake. Open up the folds and you will have a 4-pointed flower. Repeat with all four squares. Glue the flowers inside each other starting with the 2 bigger flowers, next the medium one and the smallest on top. Make sure to alter the flowers so the pedals don’t overlap from flower to flower to add dimension. Set aside.
5. Take all three glass vases outside, place the dowel rod into the ground and place the large decanter vase down onto the dowel rod. Paint the large vase aqua in color making sure to follow the painting directions on the can for best results. Set aside between coats to spray the next vase.
6. Spray the entire medium vase white, set aside to dry between coats, the final coat you will spray only the bottom portion aqua to create a gradient ombre affect
7. Spray the entire small vase white, set aside to dry between coats
8. Lay the paper flower on a piece of newspaper or scrap paper and spray the flower aqua. Let dry between coats.
9. To finish off the medium vase remove the painters tape once the paint is dry, to finish the small vase hot glue the paper flower to the center of the vase.