SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wooden crates – 1 large & 1 small
- Home Decor Paint – Grotto
- Brown spray paint
- Red Paint
- White household candle
- Sandpaper – course & medium grades
- Spray gloss varnish
1. Paint small crate Red. Allow to dry. When dry, spray with gloss varnish.
2. Paint large crate with brown spray paint. Allow to dry.
3. Rub crate with a household candle, especially where “wear and weathering” would naturally occur.
4. Paint with Grotto paint. Allow to dry. When dry, take crate outside and sand with course and then medium sandpaper. Wipe down with a damp cloth to remove dust. The Grotto paint will be easily removed where the wax has been applied and will leave the crate with a smooth surface.