Painted Felt Monogram
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Feltables 8" Felt Letter
- Metallic silver craft paint
- Stiff paintbrush
- Fine detail paintbrush
- Paint tray or plate
- Assorted ribbon to match
- Stencil of choice
- Silver rhinestones
*Tip: Practice stenciling on a separate piece of felt or the back of the letter to see how the paint reacts to the felt.
1. Position the stencil on the felt letter.
2. Using the stiff brush, pick up a very small amount of silver paint. Work it into the bristles by stippling on the paint tray so that the brush is nearly dry.
3. Stipple the paint into the stencil, using a dry brush technique, continuously to cover the letter with the design. The pattern will have a very light gray appearance.
4. Once the letter is painted as desired, use the fine detail brush and trace the contours of various curves in the designs to make the pattern pop. Allow to dry completely.
5. Once dry, add rhinestones as desired.
6. Cut the ribbon long enough to make a loop around the center of the letter and glue the edges together once looped. For the letter "G", try using 6" of turquoise ribbon.
7. Alternative: If the letter does not allow a center loop hanging, cut a strip of ribbon instead and glue it behind the letter in the centermost area.
8. To create the bow, cut 10" lengths from ribbon(s). Stack the ribbons together and tie into a bow.
9. Glue the bow to the top of the ribbon loop. To hang, place a small tack inside the loop just below the bow. The tack is hidden by the front loop.