Painted Folk Art Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid FolkArt acrylic paint:
- Wicker White, Maple Syrup, Burnt Umber, Turner's Yellow, Fresh Foliage,Thicket, Hydrangea& Metallic Pure Gold
- Plaid FolkArt One Stroke Basic & Mini paintbrush sets
- Hinged Box
- Use 3/4" flat brush to basecoat entire box Burnt Umber. Allow to dry.
- Paint edge with Metallic Pure Gold.
- Double load #12 with Thicket & Fresh Foliage. Paint large leaves on lid & some of the wider scrollwork.
- Double load #12 with Maple Syrup and Wicker White. Paint bird using a lighter mixture for the body and darker mix for wings. Paint beak Turner's Yellow and paint eye/beak details with Burnt Umber.
- Double load #6 flat with Fresh Foliage and Thicket. Paint smaller leaves.
- Double load #12 with Wicker White and Turner's Yellow. Paint flower blossoms along greenery clusters.
- Dot flower centers with Burnt Umber and Turner's Yellow using brush handle to apply paint.
- Use Script Liner to paint Hydrangea scrollwork & leaf details. Add Hydrangea dot clusters with brush handle.
- For floral spray on front of box: double load #12 with Fresh Foliage & Thicket. Paint long basic leaf & larger scrolls. Load #6 flat brush with same colors & paint smaller leaves, scrollwork & stems to bell flowers.
- Load #12 with Hydrangea & Wicker White. Paint blue bell-flowers.
- Load #12 with Turner's Yellow and Wicker White & paint white flowers. Dot centers with Burnt 10. Umber and Turner's Yellow using handle to apply paint.
- Add Hydrangea blue dots using large brush handle. Paint Hydrangea scrollwork with Script Liner brush.