SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Use ½ ” seam allowance
1. Cut 2 13” x 19” pieces of placemat fabric and 1 of batting
2. Cut 1 5” x 6 ½” piece of placemat fabric for pocket.
3. Baste batting to WS of placemat front.
4. Make a basic pocket.
5. Fold top edge 1” to RS; press edge over ¼” to WS; stitch.
6. Turn pocket edge to WS; press and stitch ¾” from top.
7. Press raw edges under ½”; place 2” in from left side of placemat front and 2” up
from bottom; edge stitch in place.
8. With RST, stitch placemat front to back, leaving an opening in the bottom for
9. Trim batting close to stitching and clip corners; turn and press.
10. Slip stitch opening closed.
11. With contrasting thread, stitch a decorative border 1” from edge all around
12. Cut heart pattern from duck tape sheet.
13. Press heart onto pocket.
14. With various colors of gold paint, use a flat pencil eraser to dap on small circles
all around heart as desired.
15. Allow to dry thoroughly.
16. Remove duck tape heart.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.