SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 5" stretched canvas
- Paint: 2 shades of green, straw, maroon
- Paintbrushes: 1/2" flat, small round
- Seral (or other tracing/transfer paper)
- Monogram to trace
- Paint entire canvas the lighter of the two green shades. While the paint on the canvas is still wet, brush in some of the darker green shade, blending slightly, but not completely. The edges of the canvas should be a concentration of the darker shade Blend into the side edges of the canvas. Allow to dry.
- Paint a decorative scroll pattern on the canvas and the side edges in straw paint. This may be done freehand
- or by copying a scroll from a rubber stamp onto a piece of paper. Use Seral to transfer the design onto the canvas. Seral marks after painting is complete can be wiped off with a damp cloth when paint is dry.
- Choose a monogram on the computer. Increase the size to several inches tall and print in a pale gray ink tone onto paper. Trace the monogram onto the canvas, using Seral. Paint inside the lines with maroon paint.