Paper Christmas Boxes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12" x 12" chalkboard stack
- DCWV® 12" x 12" Christmas cardstock stack
- Wilton cake boxes
- Assorted buttons
- Chalk, crayon, and/or chalk marker (*which type of writing utensil you choose will determine the look you want to give your packages)
- Embroidery floss
- Green rickrack
- Rub-on letters, lines, stitching, etc.
- 2-1/2" circle punch
- Paper trimmer
- Paper crafting adhesive (including hot glue)
- Fixative spray (optional for chalkboard paper box)
- Scrap paper (optional for creating bow template)
1. Cover sides of box with red cardstock.
2. Create a removable lid using the green cardstock. Line the bottom edge of the lid with green rickrack as shown in the image.
3. Insert gift in box.
4. Put green lid on top of box.
5. Cut a strip of chalkboard paper and wrap it around the outside. Doodle on the top and side edges of the band.
6. Create a bow using the same shade of chalkboard paper in Step 5. Doodle on each of the pieces and then adhere to the top of the box.
1. Cover top and sides of box your desired shade of chalkboard paper.
2. Doodle desired designs, words, etc. On all sides. *Note: if using chalk, you will need to spray a fixative to ensure designs will not smear when touched.
3. Insert gift when finished.
1. Cover sides of box with green cardstock.
2. Punch out 9 circles from the red cardstock using your 2-1/2" circle punch. Adhere them as desired on the top and sides of the box.
3. Embellish your box (top and sides) using your rub on elements.
4. Add buttons with floss (or without) as desired.
5. Insert gift when finished.