Paper Covered Comp Book with Leather Strap
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Standard composition book (9-3/4"x 7-1/2”)
- Krylon® Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive Spray
- 2 yards of suede lace
- 2 pieces 12”x12” scrapbooking paper
- X-Acto® knife
- Drill with 1/4” bit
- Wood scrap
1. Overlap the two pieces of scrapbooking paper at least 1” and use the spray adhesive to adhere them to form one larger piece of paper. This overlap seam will be on the backside of the composition book.
2. Follow the directions on the adhesive spray and coat the wrong side of the scrapbooking paper.
3. With the composition book closed, position the composition book with the front cover down on the wrong side of the paper close to the edge, on the opposite side from the seam, and with a bit of extra paper on the three sides of the cover. Press down firmly on the book to adhere the paper to the front cover.
4. Fold the remaining paper over the spine tightly and across the back cover. Smooth down the paper and press it firmly to adhere.
5. Using an X-acto knife or scissors, carefully trim the extra paper from around the cover.
6. Open the cover of the composition book and place it on a piece of wood. Drill one hole through the front cover from the inside of the book. Place this hole about 1/2” from the front edge of the composition book cover and center it from top to bottom.
7. Use the suede lace to thread through the hole. Tie a double knot to secure. Wrap the leather around the book and tie a loose knot to close it.