SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Colorbok® C9 SC:
Cardstock Paper Pad, glossy
Rhinestone Gems, Clear & Pearl
- Craft knife or scissors
- Weight to press paper
- Circle cutter or punch
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Fishing String
- Buttons & brads, optional
1. Select one sheet of patterned paper for pinwheel. Cut two 2½" strips.
2. Create 1/4" accordion folds on both paper strips.
3. Attach the ends of each accordion strip to one another to create a continuous circle.
4. Push down the center to create flat pinwheel shape. Place a weight on top to help keep it flat.
5. Use a circle punch or cut circles & adhere to the center front & backs of each pinwheel. Mobile uses 5 pinwheels. Decorate with buttons, brads & gems.
6. Draw & cut out 20-24 shapes of birds, flowers, stars, and hearts as desired – 2 of each shape.
7. Place adhesive behind each pair of shapes. Sandwich fishing line between the two pieces. Mobile has 5 strands, with one pinwheel and four shapes per strand.
8. To attach pinwheels, punch small holes at the top & bottom; then thread fishing line through each end. Place small piece of tape over the fishing line to secure. Accent center of each shape with buttons, brads & gems.
9. Cut a 7" circle from chipboard; cover both sides with patterned papers.
10. Punch five evenly spaced holes around the circle’s outer edge. Thread one strand of fishing line through each hole.
11. Gather all the fishing line so the mobile hangs level. Tie a knot 6"-8" above the top of the circle.
12. Hang from the ceiling or doorway.