SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper maché and/or resin letters
- Paints & brush: light blue & light aqua
- Spray paints: white primer, white gloss, bright pink
- Lightweight bonding material
- Rick rack
- Wooden birdhouse
- Aleene’s® Tacky Glue®
- Glue stick
1. Paint all letters with primer and then gloss white. On largest letter, spray the edges well; but the top surface should not be too glossy, because you will be gluing fabric to it.
2. Bond stabilizer to fabric, following manufacturer’s directions. Turn the large letter face down onto the fabric and trace the line. Cut the fabric, then glue it to the letter. Repeat until the letter is filled with a variety of fabrics. Cover seams with trim. Tie a ribbon where the focal point will be located.
3. Paint birdhouse blue and aqua. Spray paint the bird with primer and bright pink paint. Glue the birdhouse to the letter. Glue the bird to the birdhouse. Embellish further, as desired.