SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wood birdhouse
- Crayola® washable kids’ paint: blue, white
- Construction paper pad
- Glue stick
- Old magazine
Refer to photo.
1. Paint birdhouse roof, perch, inside holes and base blue. Paint the rest of the house white. Apply several coats for good coverage. Allow paint to dry between coats.
2. Tear pieces of yellow construction paper to form a sun. Adhere to roof with a glue stick. Use pages from an old magazine as the surface for applying glue, then discard.
3. Tear small square pieces from another color of construction paper and glue them to the roof around the sun mosaic.
4. Tear a strip from orange construction paper. Tear the strip into wedges. Glue wedges around birdhouse holes — two layers around the lower hole; one layer around the upper hole.
5. Tear additional shapes for flowers around the house; glue in place.