Paper Star Banner
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White cording
- 2 - Core'dinations&® Basic Foundations Oceanic paper
- 2 - Core'dinations&® Basic Foundations Merry paper
- 10mm aluminum jump rings
- Assorted cup sequins or buttons
- Martha Stewart&™ Scoring board
- Stylus or bone folder
- 6" Star template
- Small paper punch
- 2 pair of flat nose pliers
- Sanding block
- Dust Buddy (by Core'dinations&®)
- Low temp glue gun & glue sticks or Fabri-Tac&™ glue
1. Cut a 50" section of cording. Make a small loop at each end and knot.
2. Tie a knot in the cording about 6" from either end. Leave a 1/2" space and knot again. Repeat this step on the remainder of the cord.
3. Lay paper face down on work surface and place star template on paper and trace shape with a pencil. Repeat with other sheets of paper. Trace 2 stars on each sheet.
4. Cut out stars with scissors.
5. Lay a star facedown onto a scoring board; line up the top point and the bottom center onto the same groove line. Hold star in place and use a bone folder or a stylus to score the star. Turn the star so the next point is on the groove line and score the star. Repeat with all the points.
6. Lightly sand the scores on the front of the star with a sanding block. Wipe down with a Dust Buddy.
7. Fold the star along all the score lines. Create pleats so the star is dimensional.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 with the rest of the stars.
9. Glue sequins or buttons to the center of each star.
10. Punch a small hole near the point of each star. Twist open a jump ring, slide on a star and attach to the cord between the knots. Repeat with the rest of the stars to complete the banner.