SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ products:
Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Tulip® products:
Round Fabric Paintbrushes™
Cordless Heat-Setting Tool™
- Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion®
- Black felt hat
- Black heavy canvas
- 24-gauge black jewelry wire
- Wire cutters
- Disposable foam brush
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Fold canvas in half. Cut out desired number of petal and leaf shapes, keeping canvas folded to create two pieces for each petal/leaf for front and back sides. Repeat process to create a flower stamen.
2. Cut a piece of 24-gauge wire the length of each shape, leaving an additional 4" tail on each.
3. Squeeze a puddle of Fabric Fusion® onto a piece of foil. Lay one half of each canvas shape flat and use a foam brush to spread an even coat of Fabric Fusion® onto surface. Lay a piece of wire down the center lengthwise, with tail extending past bottom of leaf or petal shape, then lay second half of shape on top, matching edges. Repeat with all shapes. Let dry.
4. Use the Fashion Art Tweezers™ to place red and orange crystals on fronts of petals and green and lime crystals on leaf shapes. Set in place with Cordless Heat-Setting Tool™, following instructions on package.
5. Assemble petals into desired flower shape. Twist wire tails together to anchor in place. Bend petals into desired positions. Trim excess wire.
6. Use Fabric Fusion® to secure flower to hat. Let dry.