Parasol Princess Snack Cakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:Recipes: Chocolate Cream Spool Cakes Mini Cakes and Filling (available on cake pan)Bake Easy!® Non-Stick SpraySpool Cakes Mini Cake Pan10"x16" Cooling Grid12" Disposable Decorating BagsCake Decorating Tip: 2309" Fondant Roller (pink guide rings used)Parchment PaperHeart Cut-Outs Fondant Cutters (smallest [3/4"] used)Vanilla Treat GlazeRose Icing Color9" Angled Spatula14"x16" Cookie SheetLarge Candy Eyeballs
- Food-safe scissors
- Large yellow and red spice drops
- Granulated sugar
- Umbrella pick
1. Make mini cakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake cakes in mini cake pan and allow to cool. Remove cakes from pan.
2. Fill cakes. Prepare filling following recipe directions. Use tip 230 and cut disposable decorating bag to fill cakes from bottom.
3. Make features. Use 9" fondant roller with pink guide rings to roll out large yellow and red spice drops 1/16" thick on parchment paper sprinkled with sugar. Use scissors and yellow spice drops to cut strips for hair. Use smallest (3/4") heart Cut-Out to cut red spice drops for lips.
4. Cover cakes. Heat treat glaze according to package directions. Tint rose. Use spatula and rose treat glaze to ice bottom of treats. Allow to cool in refrigerator, bottom side up, on parchment paper-covered cookie sheet until set, about 5 minutes. Place cakes, bottom side down, on cooling grid over parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Use rose treat glaze and a cut disposable decorating bag to cover each cake. Tap to settle. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 15 minutes. Use rose treat glaze and a cut disposable decorating bag to attach hair, lips and candy eyeballs to treat. Allow to set at room temperature overnight until firm. Insert umbrella pick.