SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Scrapbook paper of choice, 12"x12"
- 12" ruler
- Craft knife
- Ribbon of choice to complement papers
- Scoring tool
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. On back of scrapbook paper, measure and mark 2¼" down from top and 2¼" up from bottom. Lightly draw a straight line from measurement marks across paper to other side, then lightly score lines with a scoring tool or tool with smooth rounded end—do not cut through.
2. Using the top and bottom scored lines as borders, measure and mark 1¼" wide vertical lines along the center. Cut along these lines using the ruler and craft knife to make slits.
3. Curl paper into a cylinder shape, overlapping ends until cylinder is about as wide as the strips in the middle. Glue ends together and let dry completely.
4. Gently poof out the center strips as shown.
5. Cut small horizontal slits the width of ribbon approximately 1" up from bottom edge and 1" below top edge, making slits are lined up. Repeat on the opposite side of lantern.
6. Cut a strip of ribbon approximately 1 yard in length. Starting at the outside top edge of lantern, feed end of ribbon through slit to inside of lantern and down to bottom, then pull through bottom slit to outside of lantern. Pull ribbon down and wrap around underside of lantern, then feed through slit on opposite side and pull up through inside of lantern. Pull through the top slit to the outside of lantern and make sure ribbon is even on both sides, then cut to desired lengths and tie at the top.