SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene’s® Peel-N-Stick Tape™
- Tulip® Red One-Step Dye™
- Tulip® Red One-Step Dye™ Refills
- 1/2 yd white cotton fabric
- 1/2 yd black fabric
- 1/2 yd white textured fabric
- 2" wide black grosgrain ribbon, 12 ft length
- Plastic tablecloth
- Pinking shears
- Measuring tape
DIRECTIONS: For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash the white fabric; do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with a plastic tablecloth. Lay damp white fabric flat on work surface.
3. Gather the fabric from one end to the other into a tubular shape.
4. Wrap rubber bands every 3" to 4" along length of fabric.
5. Wearing plastic gloves from dye box, fill dye bottle with water to line indicated on bottle. Shake thoroughly until dye is completely dissolved.
6. Apply Red dye generously between rubber-banded sections.
7. When dye runs out, add a Dye Refill packet to bottle then refill with water. Shake thoroughly until dye has completely dissolved. Continue adding dye to each rubber-banded section.
8. Cover fabric with plastic tablecloth and let set 6 to 8 hours or longer for most intense color.
9. Thoroughly rinse fabric in warm running water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands. Machine wash in hottest water suitable for fabric with a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Machine dry separately.
10. Use measuring tape and chalk to measure and mark 9" wide x 18" long triangles on each fabric. Cut out with pinking shears.
11. Lay black grosgrain ribbon flat on table. Apply Peel-N-Stick Tape to one side of ribbon, sticky side down with lined side facing up.
12. Peel off the paper liner from tape.
13. Press tops of triangles, alternating colors, onto tape along ribbon to create pennant. Refer to photo.