Pastel Whoopie Pies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton&® foodcrafting supplies:24-Cavity Mini Whoopie Pie Pan14-1/2" x 20" Cooling GridCandy Melts Candy: Lavender, Blue, Vibrant Green, White (each 12 oz. bag covers 12 to 14 mini whoopie pies)Parchment Paper9" Angled Spatula12" Disposable Decorating Bags6" Cookie SticksMini White Baking Cups
- Favorite chocolate whoopie pie recipe
- Food-safe scissors
1. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake whoopie pies and allow to cool.
2. Melt lavender, blue and vibrant green Candy Melts candy, separately, according to package directions. Place whoopie pies on cooling grid positioned over parchment paper. Use melted candy in cut disposable decorating bags to cover whoopie pies. Tap grid gently to allow candy to cover sides. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Run spatula under hot tap water to warm. Wipe with a cloth. Use slightly warm spatula to smooth out whoopie pie edges. Dip end of cookie sticks into melted candy and insert into whoopie pies. Place whoopie pie pops on flattened baking cups. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted white candy in cut disposable decorating bag to pipe swirl on top of whoopie pie pops. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set, about 5 to 10 minutes.