1. Cut 48 - 3” squares from various Eclectic Elements Fabric
2. Cut 1 each - 10” circle from Linen, Lining Fabric and Batting (bottom)
3. Cut 2 - 3” x 30-1/2” bands from Linen (band and strap)
4. Cut 1 - 3” x 30-1/2” Interfacing (strap)
5. Cut 1 – 1-1/2”” x 3” Linen (top loop)
6. Cut 1 - 3” x 5” Linen (bottom loop)
7. Cut 1 - 3” x 5” Interfacing (bottom Loop)
8. Cut 1 - 2” x 30-1/2” band from Linen (top casing)
9. Cut 1 – 13-1/2” x 30-1/2” Eclectic Elements Fabric (lining)
(Seam allowance is 1/4” unless otherwise noted)
1. Sew 3” square patchwork pieces together. Patchwork will be 4 squares by 12 squares. Press seams open.
2. With right sides together sew 3” band to patchwork lengthwise. Press seam towards linen.
3. OPTIONAL: Hand sew a running stitch with 3 stands of embroidery floss just below patchwork.
4. With right sides together sew ends together matching band and patchwork seams. Press seam open.
5. Sew linen circle and batting to patchwork piece with right sides together. Turn bag right sides out.
6. Create small top loop by folding 1-1/2” x 3” linen piece in half lengthwise and sew together. Turn right side out and press.
7. Make casing by finishing ends. Fold end over 1/4” and topstitch.
8. Fold casing in half lengthwise with wrong side together and press.
9. Fold casing in half crosswise to find center and mark with a pin.
10. Fold small loop in half and pin at half way mark of casing lining up raw edges.
11. Sew casing to bag with right sides together lining up the openings at the front of the bag.
12. Sew lining together. Sew the 13-1/2” x 30-1/2” piece together and then sew the circle to the bottom.
13. Fold top edge of lining down 1/2” and press. Pin lining inside bag and hand sew lining to top casing at seam line.
14. Attach a safety pin to the end of the cording and feed all the way through the casing. Tie a knot at each end of cording.
15. Press Interfacing to 3” x 30-1/2” linen piece. Fold in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and sew 3 sides. Turn right side out and press.
16. Sew large leash clip to open end of strap with a square and then an “X”.
17. Press Interfacing to 3” x 5” linen piece for bottom loop. Fold in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and sew 3 sides. Turn right side out and press.
18. Fold loop around D-Ring, sew to bottom back at the center seam with a square and then an “X”.
19. Attach strap with lease clip to top loop and tie with a knot onto D-ring.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>