1. Cut 48 - 3” squares from various Eclectic Elements Fabric
2. Cut 1 each - 10” circle from Linen, Lining Fabric and Batting (bottom)
3. Cut 2 - 3” x 30-1/2” bands from Linen (band and strap)
4. Cut 1 - 3” x 30-1/2” Interfacing (strap)
5. Cut 1 – 1-1/2”” x 3” Linen (top loop)
6. Cut 1 - 3” x 5” Linen (bottom loop)
7. Cut 1 - 3” x 5” Interfacing (bottom Loop)
8. Cut 1 - 2” x 30-1/2” band from Linen (top casing)
9. Cut 1 – 13-1/2” x 30-1/2” Eclectic Elements Fabric (lining)
(Seam allowance is 1/4” unless otherwise noted)
1. Sew 3” square patchwork pieces together. Patchwork will be 4 squares by 12 squares. Press seams open.
2. With right sides together sew 3” band to patchwork lengthwise. Press seam towards linen.
3. OPTIONAL: Hand sew a running stitch with 3 stands of embroidery floss just below patchwork.
4. With right sides together sew ends together matching band and patchwork seams. Press seam open.
5. Sew linen circle and batting to patchwork piece with right sides together. Turn bag right sides out.
6. Create small top loop by folding 1-1/2” x 3” linen piece in half lengthwise and sew together. Turn right side out and press.
7. Make casing by finishing ends. Fold end over 1/4” and topstitch.
8. Fold casing in half lengthwise with wrong side together and press.
9. Fold casing in half crosswise to find center and mark with a pin.
10. Fold small loop in half and pin at half way mark of casing lining up raw edges.
11. Sew casing to bag with right sides together lining up the openings at the front of the bag.
12. Sew lining together. Sew the 13-1/2” x 30-1/2” piece together and then sew the circle to the bottom.
13. Fold top edge of lining down 1/2” and press. Pin lining inside bag and hand sew lining to top casing at seam line.
14. Attach a safety pin to the end of the cording and feed all the way through the casing. Tie a knot at each end of cording.
15. Press Interfacing to 3” x 30-1/2” linen piece. Fold in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and sew 3 sides. Turn right side out and press.
16. Sew large leash clip to open end of strap with a square and then an “X”.
17. Press Interfacing to 3” x 5” linen piece for bottom loop. Fold in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and sew 3 sides. Turn right side out and press.
18. Fold loop around D-Ring, sew to bottom back at the center seam with a square and then an “X”.
19. Attach strap with lease clip to top loop and tie with a knot onto D-ring.
SHIPPINGShipping your purchase is easy at JOANN! Orders typically leave our warehouses within 1-3 business days (Mon-Fri). Delivery date depends on the destination address and the shipping method. You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped.
RETURNSReturns can be made for FREE in any of our stores.