Patchwork Gift Card Tag
Supplies & Tools:
- Coordinating print remants, 1/8 yd each
- 4"x7" sew-in interfacing
- Eyelets & eyelet setter
- Embroidery floss, buttons
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron, pressing surface
1. Cut two 3 1/2"x6 1/2" pieces of fabric and one from interfacing.
2. Trim the top corners at an angle to make tag shape.
3. Make a patchwork 4"x3 1/2" for the pocket from remnants. Add buttons and embroidered designs.
4. Cut one 4"x3 1/2" piece of fabric. Place right sides together on the patchwork piece. Sew along one 31⁄2" edge, turn and press.
5. Embroider message at top of front tag piece.
6. Layer interfacing, front tag piece with right side up, patchwork pocket with right side up; match sides & bottoms and back tag piece with right side down.
7. Sew tag together with a 3/8" seam, leaving bottom open for turning.
8. Turn and press. Press bottom seam allowance to the inside.
9. Topstitch around outside edge. Add an eyelet and ribbon tie.