Patchwork Gift Card Tag
Supplies & Tools:
- Coordinating print remants, 1/8 yd each
- 4"x7" sew-in interfacing
- Eyelets & eyelet setter
- Embroidery floss, buttons
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron, pressing surface
1. Cut two 3 1/2"x6 1/2" pieces of fabric and one from interfacing.
2. Trim the top corners at an angle to make tag shape.
3. Make a patchwork 4"x3 1/2" for the pocket from remnants. Add buttons and embroidered designs.
4. Cut one 4"x3 1/2" piece of fabric. Place right sides together on the patchwork piece. Sew along one 31?2" edge, turn and press.
5. Embroider message at top of front tag piece.
6. Layer interfacing, front tag piece with right side up, patchwork pocket with right side up; match sides & bottoms and back tag piece with right side down.
7. Sew tag together with a 3/8" seam, leaving bottom open for turning.
8. Turn and press. Press bottom seam allowance to the inside.
9. Topstitch around outside edge. Add an eyelet and ribbon tie.