SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- McCall’s® Pattern number 6885 (view D)
- Fabric – see pattern for fabric requirements. Navy blue print followed the pattern requirements, the contrast print required an additional 3/4 yd of the flag print.
- Notions – refer to the pattern
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Follow the pattern steps but make these changes:
- Use the contrast fabric for the front tab and the collar rather than the navy dress fabric.
- Cut out the sleeves in both the navy dress fabric and the contrast fabric. With the wrong sides of the contrast fabric and the navy fabric together for each sleeve sew them in the garment treating them as one. Hem the bottom edges and roll up the sleeves on the completed garment so the contrast fabric inside shows.