Patriotic Flag Bunting DIY
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3/8 yd. red fabric
- 3/8 yd. white fabric
- 3/8 yd. blue fabric
- 2-1/2 yds. bias tape
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Coordinating thread
- Basic sewing essentials
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Cut (1) 10"L x 44"W from each fabric.
- Place the red and white fabric right sides together, matching up all edges. Pin and sew one long edge. Place the white and blue fabric right sides together, pin and sew the long raw edge. Finish the seams with either a serger, zig zag stitch or pinking shears and press.
- Fold fabric in half right sides together, matching up the side seams. Pin the bottom blue edge and sew. Finish seam.
- Hem the bottom ‘curved’ edge by turning the bottom edge 1/4" towards the wrong side and pressing. Turn again 1/2", press and sew.
- Add the bias tape to the top edge of the red fabric, enclosing the raw edge inside of the bias tape fold. Leave 23" of bias tape hanging off each side of the bunting for tying later, with the top of the flag securely in the middle of the bias tape. Pin and sew the bottom bias tape edge to secure.
- At the top center of the flag, pinch the fabric from the top of the middle blue seam to the top center of the flag.
- Sew a quick line back and forth over the pinched fabric top center to secure.