Patriotic Picnic Centerpiece
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola&®:Colored PencilsNo-Run School GlueFine Line & Broad Line MarkersConstruction PaperScissors
- Tube from paper towel roll
- Empty cereal box
1. With Crayola&® Scissors, cut white paper to cover a large empty cereal box. Attach with Crayola&® School Glue. Allow to dry.
2. To make a flag, lay the box on its side. With a Crayola&® Fine Line Marker, draw a square about as large as the palm of your hand in the upper left-hand corner. Inside the square, draw five-point stars. With a blue Crayola&® Washable Marker, color all around the stars in the square. Draw lines about 1/2"-1", around the rest of the box to form stripes. Fill in every other stripe with red.
3. To make holders for utensils and napkins, cut a cardboard roll into three or four pieces about 3" long. Cut three pieces of red, white, and blue construction paper into strips a little wider than the cardboard paper rolls. On one side of each strip, cut slashes down about 1". Using a Crayola&® Colored Pencil, roll the cut strips outward so they resemble firecrackers. Glue the strips of curled paper onto the cardboard rolls with the curled edge at the top.
4. To form the base of the centerpiece, glue construction paper onto another flat box so part of the paper hangs over the edge. Allow to dry. Cut slashes into the overhanging paper and curl the edges. Glue the flag and utensil holders onto the base.
5. Decorate the front and sides of the centerpiece with streamers. Fill with utensils and napkins.