Patriotic Pocket Place Mats
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
FOR TWO PLACE MATS:
- 3/4 yd burlap
- 1/3 yd cotton print for pocket
- 1/2 yd cotton print fabric for two napkins
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, ironing surface
- Cut two 18" squares of cotton print for napkins. Finish edges with small hem on both napkins.
- Cut 2 18"x25" pieces of burlap. Unravel 25" edges to 3/4" fringe length.
- Fold in half to 18"x12-1/2" & sew 18" edges using 1/2" seam allowance.
- Turn right side out & press with seam line at top edge of place mats.
- Straight stitch each end of place mats at last row of weaving before raveled edge.
- Draw jeans pocket shape on paper and add 1/2" margin. Using paper pattern, cut four pockets. With 2 pockets right sides together, sew around leaving small opening to turn. Turn pocket inside out and press. Repeat for 2nd pocket.
- Top stitch 2 rows around pockets as found on jeans.
- Place pockets on place mats & stitch around sides and bottom.
- Place a napkin in each pocket.