Patriotic Star Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd each of 5 patriotic fabrics, or fat quarters
- 1/4 yd fabric for gusset
- 1/2 yd fusible interfacing
- 2-3/4" covered button
- Iron, pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
DIRECTIONS: Enlarge pattern. Use 1/4" seam throughout.
- Cut out 4 pattern shapes from each of the five fabrics. Mark pattern with dots at points.
- Lay fabrics together in star shape for front & back.
- Sew each star section together. Sew five star sections together between dots.
- Press all seam allowances in one direction.
- Cut fusible interfacing to fit front & back, fuse in place.
- For gusset, cut two pieces 30-1/2"x2-1/2" of fuse interfacing and fuse to wrong side of each piece.
- Sew short sides together.
- On both sides of gusset, measure and mark every 6".
- Stay-stitch 3/4" on either side of mark.
- Clip in to stay-stitching every 6".
- Align clips on gusset to points on star. Stitch front in place.
- Repeat with back. Leave one section open for turning.
- Clip points; turn right side out.
- Stuff firmly with fiberfill.
- Slip stitch opening closed.
- Cover button, following the package directions. Sew button to center of pillow.