Patriotic Wall Hanging Quilt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- "Traditional Quilts with a Twist" book
- 1-1/2 yds fabric for borders & backing
- 1/2 yd fabric for cornerstone blocks & binding
- Additional fabrics for blocks based on supply list in book
- 3/4 yd Warm and Natural Batting
- Basic sewing supplies
- Following directions for Nine-Block Sampler, page 70 in "Traditional Quilts with a Twist" book, construct three Tweaked Ohio Star blocks. Assemble the blocks, sashing and cornerstones as directed. Set aside.
- Going lengthwise, cut two 3-3/4"x40" strips and two 3-3/4"x14-1/2" strips for borders. Remaining piece will be used for backing.
- Cut four 3-3/4" squares for cornerstone pieces. Cut four 2-3/4" strips for binding.
- With right sides together, stitch one short border piece to short end of Tweaked Ohio Star unit. Repeat for opposite side.
- Stitch cornerstone pieces to each end of long border pieces. Stitch long border unit to Tweaked Ohio Star unit. Repeat for opposite side.
- Layer quilt top with batting and backing. Quilt as desired.
- Stitch binding strips together. With wrong sides together, press strip in half lengthwise. Matching raw edges, stitch binding strip to right side of quilt. Turn to back side and whip-stitch binding to quilt back.