Peach Bellini Parfait
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs, whites & yolks separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Wilton® Treatology™ Juicy Peach Flavor Concentrate
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 drops Wilton Treatology Juicy Peach Flavor Concentrate
- 16 drops Wilton Treatology Crisp Champagne Flavor Concentrate, divided
- Wilton® Creamy Peach Icing Color, optional
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioner's sugar
Makes 8 parfaits.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 10-1/2"x15-1/2"x1" jelly roll and cookie pan with parchment paper and spray with vegetable pan spray.
2. In small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
3. In large bowl, whip egg whites and 1/4 cup of the sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff but moist peaks form, about 1-1/2 minutes. In large bowl, whip egg yolks, juicy peach flavor concentrate and remaining 1/4 cup sugar on high speed until creamy and lightened in color, about 4-5 minutes. Fold egg whites into yolk mixture gently but thoroughly. Fold in flour mixture.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread to edges in an even layer.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown at edges. Cool cake completely in pan on cooling grid.
6. For filling, set a fine mesh strainer inside small bowl. In small saucepan, whisk together milk, sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and salt until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Pass through strainer. Stir in juicy peach flavor concentrate and 4 drops crisp champagne flavor concentrate. Cover top of filling directly with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature.
7. In large bowl, whip cream, sugar and remaining 12 drops crisp champagne flavor concentrate with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
8. Assemble parfaits just before serving. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Turn out and remove parchment paper from bottom. Cut cake into 24 pieces with 2-3/8" round cutter. Place one piece into bottom of glass. Spoon about 1/2 tablespoon filling over cake. Top with about 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Repeat layering, topping third layer of cake with dollop of whipped cream.