Peacock Mini Tote
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip fabric-crafting supplies:
- One-Step Fashion Dye: turquoise, blue
- Fashion Glitter: royal blue, emerald, silver fine jewel, turquoise
- Fashion Glitter Bond
- Dye Surface Cover
- Mini tote bag
- 3 small plastic bins
- Clothes pins & hanger
- 4 small plastic dishes or paper plates
- Washing machine
Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Prewash tote. Cover work surface with Dye Surface Cover.
- Wear rubber gloves; add water to turquoise dye bottle to line indicated. Replace cap tightly; shake until dye is dissolved. Squeeze half of the bottle of dye into small plastic bin. Fill bin half way with water.
- Wet tote. Holding the straps, slowly dip tote into the turquoise dye. Pull tote out slowly then repeat process 4 to 5 times. Pull tote out of the water, allowing remaining dye to drip off. Use clothes pins to clip tote straps to hanger; air dry 30 minutes.
- Mix blue dye & squeeze 1/2 the bottle into a new plastic bin. Add other 1/2 of a bottle of turquoise in with the blue dye. Add water until the bin is half full.
- Dip 2/3 of tote into dye. Repeat 4 to 5 times. Use clothes pins to clip straps to hanger; air dry 30 minutes.
- Add remaining blue dye from bottle into a plastic bin and fill with water until bin is half full.
- Dip bottom 1/3 of tote into blue dye. Repeat 4 to 5 times. Clip straps to a hanger; air dry 4 hours.
- Rinse tote until water runs clear. Hang it up to dry completely.
- Squeeze glitter bond onto paper plate. Referring to photo for design, dip paintbrush into glitter bond and paint onto tote, starting at the bottom right corner and painting a diagonal line toward the top left corner. Separate the line into 2 swirls, 1 curling toward the top of tote and 1 curling under toward the bottom.
- Shake royal blue glitter on stem & top swirls. Press with finger to set. Tap excess onto paper plate for reuse. repeat glitter bond-painting step to create more feathers. Sprinkle with royal blue glitter; tap off excess.
- Paint lines between swirls and apply Glitter Bond, one color at a time. Add dots of glitter bond to the ends of swirls and sprinkle emerald glitter onto dots. Tap excess; pour back into bottle for reuse. Allow to dry.