Peak Of Chic Cowl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Buttercream™ Thick & Thin (52% Wool, 48% Acrylic; 140gm/92 yds): Taupe, 2 balls
- Needle: US Size 15 (10 mm) 24" circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- Crochet hook
- FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
- Length: 14" (excluding fringe)
- Circumference: 26"
- 7 sts x 9 rows = 4" in K2, P2 rib in the round
- Save time, check your gauge.
- STITCH GUIDE
- K2, P2 rib in the round (multiple of 4 sts)
- Round 1: *K2, p2; rep from * to end.
- Rep Round 1 for patt.
- CO 2 sts.
- Row 1 (RS): Knit.
- Row 2: CO 2 sts, k2, p2 – 4 sts.
- Row 3: CO 2 sts, p2, k2, p2 – 6 sts.
- Row 4: CO 2 sts, *p2, k2; rep from * to end – 8 sts.
- Row 5: CO 2 sts, *k2, p2; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2 – 2 sts inc’d.
- Row 6: CO 2 sts, *k2, p2; rep from * to end – 2 sts inc’d.
- Row 7: CO 2 sts, *p2, k2; rep from * to last 2 sts, p2 – 2 sts inc’d.
- Row 8: CO 2 sts, *p2, k2; rep from * to end – 2 sts inc’d.
- Rep Rows 5-8, 3 more times, then rep Rows 5-7 – 46 sts.
- Next Row: CO 2 sts, k2, p2; rep from * to end, place marker and join to work in the round being careful not to twist – 48 sts.
- Work K2, P2 rib in the round until piece measures 14" from beginning CO. Bind off loosely.
- Weave in ends. Cut 24 pieces of yarn 16" long. Holding 2 lengths together, fold in half forming a loop on one end. Working along bottom edge of Cowl in the K2 sections of rib, evenly space fringe pieces by inserting crochet hook into edge of Cowl. From back to front, pull the looped end of fringe partially through the edge. Pass the loose ends through the loop being sure to keep ends even. Pull taut.
- CO = cast on
- inc’d = increased
- k = knit
- p = purl
- patt = pattern
- rep = repeat(ing)
- RS = right side
- st(s) = stitches