Pearl and Rhinestone Embellished Shoes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Shoes (project works best with vinyl or leather shoes)
- David Tutera™ 5mm Czech crystals (6 pkgs.)
- David Tutera™ 6.5mm Czech crystals (4 pkgs.)
- Two David Tutera™ rhinestone sheets
- David Tutera™ rhinestones (4 pkgs.)
- David Tutera™ pearls (12 pkgs.)
- David Tutera™ teardrop rhinestones (4 pkgs.)
- David Tutera™ oval rhinestones (2 pkgs.)
- Blue rhinestones (2 pkgs. -- optional)
- Mini glue dots
- Paper & pencil
1. Sketch out a basic design for the shoes on paper.
2. Make sure shoes are clean.
3. Peel and stick the pearls and rhinestones in place.
4. When using the rhinestone sheets, measure and cut and then carefully peel the backing and press section into place. Overlap pearls and rhinestones along the edges of the sections to hide the edges.
5. Use glue dots to attach any rhinestones or pearls without adhesive backs.
6. To repeat the pattern on the other shoe, it is helpful to have a mirror set up on a small easel with the finished shoe in front of it. Cover the side of the shoe facing crafter with paper. This will help maintain focus on the image in the mirror while working on the other shoe.