PEEPS 3D Chick Cake with Egg Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:Roll-Out Cookie Dough RecipePEEPS® 3D Cake Pan14" Silver Cake BaseLarge Cookie PanEgg Comfort-Grip Cutter10"x16" Cooling Grid12" Disposable Decorating BagsColored Sugars: Blue, two Yellow, Pink, Lavender, Light GreenCake Decorating Tips: 2,12White Ready-to-Use Decorator Icing 4.5 TubIcing Colors: Lemon Yellow, BrownCandy Melts Candy (3/4 oz. used per treat): Light Cocoa9" Angled Spatula
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
1. Bake cookies one day in advance. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use egg cutter from set to cut cookie. Sprinkle egg cookies with pink, violet, yellow, light green or blue sugars. Bake and cool cookies.
2. Melt Light Cocoa Candy Melts Candy according to package directions. Use tip 2, cut decorating bag and melted cocoa candy melts to pipe various decorations lines on cookies including dots, outlines, zigzags, lattice, and pipe-in flowers. Allow to chill for about 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve remaining candy.
3. Prepare, bake and cool cake in PEEPS® 3D cake pan according to package directions. Tint icing yellow and reserve small amount and tint brown.
4. Use spatula and yellow icing to ice cake smooth. Immediately sprinkle with yellow sugars. Position on cake base. Use tip 12, a cut decorating bag and melted cocoa candy to pipe and dot eyes on chick. Allow to chill for about 3 to 5 minutes. Pat smooth. Position cookies on cake base.
Wilton Roll-Out Cookie Dough Recipe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Wilton® Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Wilton® Imitation Clear Almond Extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350Âº F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
2. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12" diameter x 1/8" thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen 3" cookies.