PEEPS Bunny Cookie Pops
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Roll-Out Cookie Dough RecipeLarge Cookie PanPEEPS® Silicone PanEgg Comfort-Grip CutterCookie Sticks10"x16" Cooling GridColored Sugars: Pink, Lavender, Light Green, Blue, YellowSpatula12" Disposable Decorating BagsCandy Melts Candy (¾ oz. used per treat): White, Light Cocoa, Yellow, Vibrant Green, BlueGarden Color Candy Set (pink used)
1. Melt white, yellow, green and lavender Candy Melts candy, separately, according to package directions. Use pink candy color to tint white candy pink. Use melted candy in a cut decorating bag to fill bunny cavities in silicone mold supported by cookie pan. Allow to chill for about 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve remaining candy.
2. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use egg shape cutter. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugars. Bake and cool cookies.
3. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted light cocoa Candy Melts candy in a cut decorating bag to pipe eyes and dot nose on bunnies. Allow to chill for about 10 to 15 minutes. Use melted white candy in a cut decorating bag to attach cookie stick to back of cookie. Allow to chill for about 10 to 15 minutes until firm. Attach candy bunny to center of each cookie with melted candy.
Roll-Out Cookie Dough Recipe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Wilton Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Wilton Imitation Clear Almond Extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350Âº F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
2. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12" diameter x 1/8" thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen 3" cookies.