PEEPS Cake Pops
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:9"x13" Oblong Pan8" Lollipop SticksCandy Melts Candy (3/4 oz. used per treat): WhiteColored Sugars: Blue, Yellow, Pink, Lavender, Light GreenPops Decorating Stand12" Disposable Decorating BagsPEEPS® Mini Baking Cups
- Favorite cake pop recipe or cake mix (one cake mix yields approx. 24 medium cake balls)
1. Prepare medium cake pops using Wilton Cake Pop Recipe. Dip lollipop stick into melted Candy Melts candy and insert into bottom of chilled cake pop. Chill for about 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Dip pops into melted candy and tap gently to smooth and remove excess candy. Immediately dip in sugars to cover completely. Position pops in decorating stand and allow to chill until firm for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Use knife to make a small cut in the center bottom of PEEPS® Mini baking cups. Use cut decorating bag and melted candy to pipe two dots on inside bottom of liner, slide liner up next to cake pop. Let set about 5 to 10 minutes.
Cake Pops Recipe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 box favorite cake mix, standard size, prepared according to recipe below, baked, cooled and halved
- 1 package (4 serving size) instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Wilton Bake Easy! ™ Non-Stick Spray
- 1/2 cup favorite creamy icing
- 1 bag Candy Melts® candy, melted following package directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray one 13" x 9" x 2" sheet pan or two 8" or 9" round pans with Bake Easy non-stick spray. In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
2. Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans; 35 to 40 minutes for sheet pan, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling grid and cool completely. Divide cake in half; freeze one half for future use.
3. In large bowl, use hands to crumble cake until no large chunks remain. Add icing; mix with fingers until well combined. Form mixture into cake balls. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours. Melt Candy Melts according to package directions. Dip sticks into melted Candy Melts and insert into cake balls; let set. Wait until candy is completely firm before dipping the pops completely in melted Candy Melts.
Makes 48 tablespoons.
Makes 48 - 1 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-1/4" diameter)
Makes 24 - 2 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-1/2" diameter)
Makes 16 - 3 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-3/4" diameter)