PEEPS Marshmallow Bunny Treat Pop
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:15-1/4"x10-1/4“ Cookie PanBake Easy™ Non-stick SprayCooling GridSmall Cake Leveler1-3/4" Round CutterTreat PopsTreat Pops Decorating SetChocolate Ready-to-Use Decorator Icing 16 oz. canLeaf Green Tube IcingTube Icing Tip Set
- Favorite chocolate cake recipe or mix (one cake mix yields approx. 8 treats)
- Candy corn
- 8 PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies
1. Prepare chocolate cake batter following recipe directions. Bake cake in cookie pan and allow to cool completely according to pan package directions. Use cake leveler to level cake. Use 1-3/4" cookie cutter to cut out three cake rounds for each treat pop.
2. Push cake round into bottom of treat pop. Use tip 2A, a cut decorating bag and chocolate icing to pipe a swirl of icing from back edge following the curve of the container, then filling in the center. Repeat to add two more layers of cake and icing, ending up with a cake layer on top.
3. Position about seven candy corn candies around the edges of the top cake layer of each treat pop. Use a cut decorating bag, tip 2A and chocolate icing to pipe icing onto the center of the treat pop leaving tops of candy corn candies exposed. Use round tip and green tube icing to pipe pull-out dots onto the top of each candy corn. Position PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunny in center of treat pop, securing with additional chocolate icing if needed.
Project Tip: Treat pops make a charming display on an Easter Brunch dessert table. Use the cap to stand them up and display surrounded with Wilton Jumbo Daisy Sprinkles or Wilton Spring Confetti Mix.