PEEPS Marshmallow Chick Mini Cake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:9"x13" Oblong Pan2-1/2" Round Cutter (found in Oval Cut-Outs)10"x16" Cooling GridSmall Cake LevelerWhite Candy Melts CandyGarden Candy Color Set (green and pink used)Primary Candy Colors Set (yellow used)Cake Decorating Tip 312" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Favorite pound cake or other firm-textured cake recipe or mix
- PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks
1. Prepare cake batter following recipe directions. Bake cake and allow to cool according to package directions. Use cake leveler to level cake to 1" high. Melt White Candy Melts Candy according to package directions. Divide and tint 2/3 candy light yellow and remaining equal amounts light green and light pink.
2. Use 2-1/2" oval from set to cut out cakes. Position cakes on cooling grid over parchment paper. Use light yellow melted candy in cut decorating bag to cover cakes. Chill until firm for about 5 to 10 minutes. Use cut disposable decorating bag with pink and green melted candy to pipe dots and wavy lines. Allow to set for about 10 to15 minutes. With melted candy in a cut disposable decorating bag, attach PEEPS® Chick and chill until firm about 5 to10 minutes.