PEEPS Sugar-Sprinkled Bunny and Chick Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:Roll-Out Cookie Dough RecipeRolling PinPEEPS® Cookie Cutter Set3-3/4“ Round CutterColored Sugars: Pink, Lavender, Light Green, Blue, Yellow17-1/2"x1-1/2" Cookie Pan16"x10" Cooling GridReady-to-Use White Rolled Fondant (1 ¼ oz. per treat)Icing Colors: Rose, Violet, Leaf Green, Royal Blue, Lemon Yellow9" Fondant RollerDecorating Brush SetPiping GelSpring Confetti Sprinkles12" Disposable Decorating BagCandy Melts Candy (3 oz. makes eight cookies): Light Cocoa
- Food-safe scissors
1. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use PEEPS®, chick and bunny cutters to cut cookies. For cracked egg, use 3 ¾" round cutter to cut cookie. Use knife to make short v-shaped cuts across top of cookie. Sprinkle cookies with colored sugars. Bake and cool cookies.
2. For each tie, tint 1-1/4 oz. white fondant colored rose, violet, green, blue or yellow. Use 9" fondant roller with purple guide rings to roll out fondant 1/8" thick. Use knife and bow tie pattern to cut tie shape. For knot, roll a small ball of fondant and flatten with fondant roller. Use damp brush to attach knot to tie.
3. Use piping gel in cut decorating bag to attach spring confetti sprinkles to cracked egg cookies. Melt light cocoa Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted candy in cut decorating bag to pipe dot eyes and noses on chick cookie. Chill until firm, about 10 to 15 minutes. Use melted candy in cut decorating bag to attach cracked egg cookies to chick cookies and bow tie to bunny cookies.
Roll-Out Cookie Dough Recipe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Wilton® Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Wilton® Imitation Clear Almond Extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350Âº F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
2. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12" diameter x 1/8" thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen 3" cookies.
Customers Who Viewed this Product, Also Viewed these Products