SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid FolkArt One Stroke brush set for fabric
- Plaid FolkArt 2-oz fabric paint:
- Winter White
- Lemon Custard
- Thicket, Licorice
- Metallic Inca Gold
- Women's pajamas: cotton, poly/cotton blends or woven blends
- Surface Preparation: All fabrics should be prewashed using soap and water following the manufacturer's washing instructions. Most denim fabrics should be washed multiple times in hot water to thoroughly remove the sizing in the fabric. DO NOT use liquid fabric softener or dryer sheets as this may prevent the paints from adhering properly. If your garment is wrinkled, you may iron the fabric as instructed on the garment label; DO NOT use spray starch.
- Refer to photo. Load the #16 flat brush with Wicker White. Using the flat side of the brush, paint the penguin's belly.
- Load the #16 flat brush with Licorice. Using the flat side of the brush, paint the rest of the body. When completed, the body will be egg-shaped.
- Refer to photo. Using the same brush, colors and a light touch, paint "fuzz" from the edge of the body and over the edge of the belly.
- Dip the handle of the brush into Wicker White. Make a dot for the eye and, before lifting the brush up off the surface, move the handle up and down to make the dot an oval. Repeat for other eye. Allow to dry.
- Load the #8 flat brush with Yellow Ochre. Using the flat side of the brush, paint the beak. Allow to dry.
- Load the #8 flat brush with Metallic Inca Gold. Stroke over the beak to add sparkle.
- Dip the handle of the brush into Licorice, dot the pupils. Allow to dry.
- Dip the #2 script liner brush into Licorice, add two nostrils on the beak. Add a tuft of curls to the top of the head.
- Dip the corner of the #8 flat brush into Wicker White, highlight the eyes.