Penny Wise's Flower Pot Pens
Project Courtesy of: Hometalk’s DIY Homecrafts
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ballpoint pens
- Green embroidery floss (each skein yields 2 pens)
- Faux flowers and greens (stems removed)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Tweezers (optional)
- Small flower pot (painted if desired)
- Small piece of white foam
- Floral moss or basket filler
- Attach one end of embroidery floss to end of pen with hot glue (use tweezers for safety).
- Once cool, begin winding floss evenly down length of pen, sliding strands together for tight fit.
- If desired, clusters of faux leaves can be added part way through. Simply slide on leaves and continue winding.
- Once the pen handle is completely covered, secure floss with another dot of hot glue.
- Glue flowers to top.
- Cut foam to fit snugly into flower pot and camouflage with moss or filler.
- Insert “bouquet” of flower pens firmly.