Perfect Poinsettia Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Phoomph™ for Fabric, soft, 2 pkg.
- Grapevine wreath form in desired size
- 1/4 yd muslin
- 1/4 yd burlap
- Strips of burlap fabric or burlap ribbon, brown
- Jingle bells, various sizes & colors
- Craft wire, thin gauge
- 2 yds. grosgrain ribbon, blue or color of choice
- Glue gun & glue sticks
1. Remove backing paper from one side of Phoomph™. Adhere Phoomph™ to the wrong side of muslin. Repeat with the second sheet of Phoomph™ and burlap.
2. To print the patterns, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above).
3. Reduce or enlarge poinsettia pattern to the size of flower desired for wreath. The flower should be in proportion to the size of the wreath. Trace the flower petals onto muslin. Trace the leaves onto burlap.
4. Remove backing paper from the other side of the sheet of Phoomph™ and carefully place the muslin lightly on the adhesive side. DO NOT press to seal, gently press one or two strategic places to stabilize the fabric enough to cut out the flower.
5. Cut out the flower trying not to press down the fabric. DO NOT press firmly on the middle of the petals when cutting out.
6. Once all flowers are cut out carefully, lift each fabric petal and place a small piece of wire down the middle on the Phoomph™ adhesive.
7. Lay the fabric back down and press and smooth firmly to seal around the fine wire.
8. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for the leaves using Burlap.
9. Once all petals and leaves are completed, arrange and glue each flower and leaf onto the wreath. Embellish the centers by gluing clusters of bells in place.
10. Create loops of burlap strips and ribbon. Tucked into spaces between the flowers and leaves to add depth and dimension. Glue in place. Bend petals and leaves using center wire to shape as desired.