Perfectly Simple Rectangle Shawl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Shawl In A Ball: Feng Shui 1 ball or color of choice
- Lion Brand® knitting needles size 10.5 (6.5 mm)
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- About 19" x 46" (48.5 x 117 cm)
- 17 sts = about 4" (10 cm) over Stockinette st (k on RS, p on WS).
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- Shawl is worked back and forth in one piece at a loose gauge to create an airy drape.
- Loosely cast on 80 sts.
- Work in Stockinette st (k on RS, p on WS) until only about 30" (76 cm) of yarn remains.
- Bind off loosely.
- Dampen Shawl thoroughly. Spread a towel onto a flat surface, then lay Shawl onto towel and smooth into shape. Gently shape Shawl to match finished measurements. Use blocking wires if desired to further shape Shawl. Allow to air dry.
- Weave in ends.
- k = knit
- p = purl
- RS = right side
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- WS = wrong side