SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1000 ct Toothpaste beads
- 1000 ct Prickly Pear beads
- 1000 ct Light Green beads
- 1000 ct White beads
- Small Basic Shapes Clear Pegboards 5ct
- Ironing Paper
- Plain headband of your choice
- Hot glue
- 5mm crystals (optional)
1. Follow the patterns to make your shapes. Place beads on the pegboards.
2. Place paper on top of your design
3. Ask an adult to fuse the designs
4. Glue the shapes to the headband on the side close together.
5. Add a crystal to the middle of the circles for more glamour.
1. Ask an adult to fuse your designs. Place the pegboard on a flat, heat-safe surface.
2. Set a household iron to the medium setting. Place ironing paper over the pegboard. In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. Do not press down with the iron. As the beads begin to fuse, you will see the circles of the beads start to show through the paper. When ironed properly, the beads will still have an open center. Let the design cool.
3. Remove the paper and bead design from the pegboard. Flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. Repeat step two. Let cool completely.
Beads need heat for about 10-20 seconds per side to fuse evenly.
Lift the paper occasionally to see how the beads are fusing. Depending on the size of the project, additional heating time may be required.