Personal Expressions Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- June Tailor® Colorfast Ink Jet Fabric™ Sheets
- Computer & color ink jet printer
- 5/8 yd quilting fabric
- 8” square feature print quilting fabric
- 1 yd hook & loop tape
- 20” square pillow form
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. Select a photo on the computer and size to 8” square. Create two 8” square text boxes.
2. Test print photo and text boxes on plain paper.
3. Follow the instructions included with the June Tailor® Colorfast Fabric™ Sheets to print photo and text onto fabric sheets.
4. Follow instructions included with the June Tailor® Colorfast Fabric™ to complete the colorfast process.
5. Trim fabric sheets to 8” square.
6. From quilting fabric cut:
7. Two 12” x 19-1/2” pieces for back
8. Two 8” x 1-1/2” strips
9. One 16-1/2” x 1-1/2” strip
10. Two 16-1/2” x 2-1/2” strips
11. Two 20” x 2-1/2” strips
12. Use 1/4” seam allowances throughout.
13. Using photo as a guide, sew one 8” strip to right side of top left printed fabric sheet square. Sew other side of 8” strip to left side of top right printed fabric sheet square
14. Sew second 8” strip to right side of bottom left printed fabric sheet square. Sew other side of 8” strip to the left side of the feature print fabric square.
15. Sew 16-1/2” x 1-1/2” strip to top pieced row, then bottom pieced row.
16. Sew 16-1/2” x 2-1/2” strips to top and bottom of pieced center.
17. Sew 20” x 2-1/2” strips to sides of pieced center.
18. For both backing pieces, along one 19-1/2” side, fold 1/2” wrong sides together and press. Then fold 1” and press.
19. Cut hook and loop tape into two 18” pieces.
20. For one backing piece, pin the hook side of the tape to the right side of folded, pressed edge, centering side to side. Sew in place close to the edges of the tape.
21. For the second backing piece, pin the loop side of the tape to the wrong side of folded, pressed edge, centering side to side. Sew in place close to the edges of the tape.
22. Layer the two backing pieces together, connecting the hook and loop tape.
23. Layer pillow top and back right sides together. Sew around all four sides.
24. Turn right sides out and insert pillow form.