Petal Heart Cupcakes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Parchment paper liners (2 per cupcake)
- Icing bag with #12 round icing tip
- Small spatula
- Buttercream icing
- Wilton pink gel food coloring
- Optional chocolate heart:Wilton® white chocolate candy wafer meltsResealable bagWax paperScissors
- Optional for presentation:White Sparkling Sugar Sprinkles
1. Bake cupcakes in parchment liners (save the second liner for presentation) and allow to cool completely.
2. Prepare icing and tint to preferred color.
3. Using a #12 round icing tip, pipe a dot, making it look a bit like a candy kiss. Using a flat icing spatula, pull the icing to the right. (Tip: Wipe your spatula on a damp towel after each pull.) Continue all the way around the cupcake and then start a second row. End with a larger kiss in the center.
4. Melt 10 chocolate wafers at a time in a resealable plastic bag in 10 second intervals, massaging the bag between heating. Snip a small corner. Pipe heart designs on wax paper and allow to cool. Within five minutes hearts will be ready to apply.
5. Place cupcakes in a second parchment liner and fill tray or cake plate bottom with sparkling sugar sprinkles.