SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
Icing Colors Tinted:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies:
- White Standard Baking Cups
- Perfect Results® 12-Cup Muffin Pan
- 16" x 10" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing – 4.5 lb. Tub (6 cups makes 24 cupcakes)
- Color Right™ Performance Color System (tinting formulas below)
- 12" Disposable Decorating Bags
- Decorating Tip: 104 (3 used)
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix (4 ½ cups batter makes 24 cupcakes)
Use Color Right base colors and QuickCount™ color formulas to tint icing in the following shades:
- Blue (formula 284): 2 cups icing + 1 B + 1 P
- Orange (formula 1355): 2 cups icing + 1 C + 2 Y
- Purple (formula 2645): 2 cups icing + 2 P + 1 B
- Bake and cool cupcakes.
- Tint icing blue, orange and purple following color formulas.
- Use tip 104, a decorating bag and blue icing to pipe layers of ruffles across cupcake. Continue piping seven or eight overlapping rows of ruffles to cover cupcake.
- Use tip 104, a decorating bag and orange icing. Position tip on outer edge of cupcake, wide end down; pipe a continuous spiral from edge of cupcake to center.
- Use tip 104, a decorating bag and purple icing to pipe a row of petals on outer edge of cupcake. Continue piping overlapping rows of petals.