Photo Memory Game
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd fabric for game card backs
- 1/4 yd fabric for storage bag
- 5 yd HeatnBond Lite
- 1-1/4 yd Peltex stabilizer
- 3/4 yd ribbon
- Quilter's template plastic
- Computer printer fabric
- Home computer printer
- Disappearing fabric marker
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & ironing surface
36 MEMORY GAME CARDS
- Cut 4" circle and 4-1/2" square from template plastic (to see through to center circle over pictures).
- Fuse HeatnBond to wrong side of 1/2 yd of fabric for backs.
- Cut game card backing fabric into thirty-six 4-1/2" squares. Cut Peltex into thirty-six 4-1/2" squares. Fuse back squares to Peltex squares; set aside.
- Choose photos of family, holidays, pets, friends. Print them onto computer printer fabric following manufacturer's directions. Print two copies each of 18 pictures. Enlarge image to fit onto 4" circle.
- Place template circle over picture and using the disappearing marker, draw circle around desired image.
- Cut thirty-six 4-1/2" squares of HeatnBond. Fuse to back of printed circles. Fuse pictures to Peltex squares.
- Sew straight stitch around drawn circle 1/8" in from drawn line. Cut out circle along drawn line. Work with 1 picture at a time so markers won't disappear before cutting out circles.
- Cut 9"x15" fabric for bag and 5-1/2" circle for bottom.
- For top edge, press under 1/4" on one long side of bag piece; press under 2". Open and lay flat.
- Right sides together, fold piece in half matching up 9" edges; sew 1/2" seam. Press seam open.
- Refold top down; sew close to edge. Divide bottom edge and circle into 4ths. Right sides together, match bottom edge to circle, clipping bottom edge to go around circle.
- Sew with 1/2" seam allowance. Turnout. Center ribbon over back seam; stitch. Wrap around bag to tie.