Photo Table Runner
Supplies & Tools:
- 1/2 yd sheer fabric
- 1/2 yd solid cotton backing fabric
- 1/4 yd white cotton fabric
- June Tailor® Iron-On Art-Wear transfer sheets
- Ink jet printer
- Elmer's® fabric glue
- Ribbons & flat laces: 1 yds each
- 3 yds flat lace for outside edge
- 3 yds of 1/4" ribbon for outside edge
- 6 yds narrow flat laces to outline photos
- Rounded corner punch
- Iron, pressing surface
1. Follow the June Tailor® Iron-On Art-Wear transfer sheet directions for printing pictures onto transfer sheets and white cotton fabric.
2. Cut out pictures. Use the corner punch to round off the edges.
3. Glue narrow flat lace around outside edge of pictures. Set aside to dry.
4. Lay backing fabric, then sheer fabric, on the cutting board with right sides up. Cut backing fabric & sheer fabric together to 12"x44" rectangle.
5. Cut ends at 45 degree angle. Create 45 degree angle pattern from paper and use this as a guide when cutting fabric ends.
6. Lay sheer fabric aside.
7. On right side of backing fabric, glue flat lace along all outside edges of runner.
8. Position ribbons & flat laces, extending 6" to 9" past each end of runner. Glue ribbons & laces to 1 end.
9. Arrange pictures on runner.
10. Beginning at glued end, glue pictures in place, one at a time, weaving in ribbon. Keep ribbon & lace straight. Continue until all pictures are glued in place. Glue ribbons to end.
11. Place and lightly glue sheer fabric over runner.
12. Glue 1/4" ribbon along all edges & trim ribbon ends.