SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 yds – Picnic table cloth
- 1 yd – 4 Napkins
- ½ yd – Basket Liner
- ½ yd – Bowl Covers-(will cover 3-4 bowls approx. 9-10” diameter)
- 1 pkg. – ¼” knit non-roll elastic
- Pinking shears
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron and pressing surface
- Cut four 18” squares. Fold edges down ¼” and press. Fold again and press.
- Sew around outside.
For basket liner
- Cut 20” square or size needed for the basket.
- Finish with a hemmed edge like the napkins.
For bowl covers
- Measure bowl diameter and add 4”.
- Cut circle from fabric with pinking shears from the size determined in step 1.
- On wrong side of fabric draw a circle 1” in from edge.
- Using drawn circle as a guide, sew a wide zig-zag stitch over elastic, stretching the elastic along the way.
- Turn RS out and place on bowl.
- Cut fabric 60” by width of fabric.
- Finish with a hemmed edge like napkins and liner.