SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- One 3-1/2"x22" strip from each of five coordinating fabrics
- Six 2-1/2"x22" strips from fabric for alternating strips
- 3/4 yard fabric for pillow back
- Pillow form
- Basic quilting/sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Note: 1/4" seam allowances used unless noted
1. Determine placement of 3-1/2" wide fabric strips alternating with 2-1/2" wide strips.
2. Stitch strips with right sides together and long edges even. Press seam allowance towards darker fabric.
3. Cut two 20"x22" rectangles from backing fabric. Fold and press 1" along one 22" edge of each rectangle. Open fold and bring raw edge towards the fold line. Stitch along the edge to hem. Make two.
4. With right sides together, place backing rectangles on top of pieced unit with raw edges even and hemmed edges towards the middle of the pillow sham. Hemmed edges will overlap. Stitch using a 1/2" seam allowance.
5. Turn and insert pillow.