SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 Simplicity® Tutu Kits – Pink Multi: 18 dark pink tulle strips – 6" x 24" 18 light pink tulle strips – 6" x 24" 2 dark pink ribbon strips – 5/8" x 24" 2 light pink ribbon strips – 5/8" x 24"
- 2 large white hair accessory flower
- 1 large dark pink hair accessory flower
- 2-1/2 yds 6mm fused pearl white beaded trim
- 1/2 yd light pink floral chain trim
- 1 hook & eye closure
- Basic sewing supplies
- Fabri-Tac (Fabric Glue)
TUTU SKIRT KIT DIRECTIONS:
1. Measure around top of child’s chest (just under arms) and cut elastic band accordingly.
2. Safety pin the ends of the elastic band creating a circle. Place around a cylinder shaped item for assembly assistance.
3. Fold tulle strip at 3" below one end.
4. Take tulle strip loop and place behind elastic band.
5. Take both tulle strip ends, thread through tulle strip loop.
6. Pull tight to create a knot around the elastic band. Repeat, alternating dark and light pink tulle pieces.
7. Choose a front center of the dress & tie two pieces of light pink ribbon onto the top of the dress around the elastic at this center point. (These will act as the straps of the dress.)
8. Cut Light Pink Floral Sequin trim into 2-9" pieces. Fold under ends of this trim ¼" and glue to keep from fraying. Glue onto light pink ribbon, starting from tie-point at top of dress.
9. Clip Large Dark Pink Flower in between 2 tied light pink ribbon pieces, onto dress top.
10. Hand-sew pearl strand onto top of dress elastic band, starting just to the left side of large dark pink flower. Hold pearl strand end to right of dark pink flower, and adjust length to allow strand to drape approximately 16-18" down, and hand-sew into place to right of flower. Trim access pearl strand.
11. Repeat Step 10, however have 2nd strand drape approximately 14-16" down.
12. Repeat Step 10, having 3rd strand drape approximately 12-14" down.
13. Take all dark pink ribbon strands, fold in half, and loop through top of dress elastic right next to each left and right pearl strand starting point at each side of dark pink flower.
14. Clip one large white flower onto left dress top to each left and right side of dark pink flower.
15. Measure ribbon neck straps, made in Steps 7-8, around child’s neck and mark spot to attach hook & eye closure.
16. Cut ribbon ½" longer, and fold ribbon under 1/2". Hand-sew hook & eye closure into place.