SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 Simplicity® Tutu Kits – Pink Multi: 18 dark pink tulle strips – 6" x 24" 18 light pink tulle strips – 6" x 24" 2 dark pink ribbon strips – 5/8" x 24" 2 light pink ribbon strips – 5/8" x 24"
- 1 light pink bandeau top – 7-1/2" L x 6" W folded
- 1-1/3 yds Hot Pink 1-3/4" grosgrain ruffle trim
- 1/3 yd light pink 1-3/4" grosgrain ruffle trim
- 1 yd hot pink floral chain trim
- 1 hook & eye closure
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Fabri-Tac (Fabric Glue)
- Ribbon curler
1. Starting with the light pink tulle, fold tulle strip at 6" below one end, place across bottom of front center of bandeau top.
2. Take both tulle strip loop, thread through lower loop of top.
3. Pull tight to create a knot then loop 4 to the left and 4 to the right of that center tulle piece.
4. Repeat attachment process in Steps 1-3, to attach 1/2 of the dark pink tulle trips to the left side of the light pink tulle strips and the other 1/2 of the dark pink tulle strips to the right side of the center light pink tulle strips.
5. Attach the remaining light pink tulle strips to the back center of the dress, filling in the remaining open space, following process in Steps 1-3.
6. Cut three 4" lengths of dark pink grosgrain ruffle trim, and three 4" lengths of light pink grosgrain ruffle trim.
7. Sew 1 light pink 4" ruffle trim length onto the bottom center of the front of the bandeau top.
8. Sew 1 dark pink 4" ruffle trim length just above the bottom light pink ruffle trim. Repeat this pattern, alternating light and dark pink trim, all the way to the top of the center front of the bandeau top.
9. Take 1 dark pink ribbon, and tie one end in knot around top left of bandeau top, just to the left sewn end of top 4" sewn ruffle layer. Repeat, attaching 1 dark pink ribbon just to the right side of this same top ruffle layer.
10. Cut two 18" lengths of dark pink ruffle grosgrain trim.
11. Sew one 18" length of dark pink ruffle trim, with flat back piece facing the center of the bandeau top, starting from the bottom (by the skirt) to the top of the bandeau top, covering the outer edges of the alternating color ruffle layers sewn on in Steps 7-8, and continue sewing onto ribbon from Step 9. Repeat for other 18" length, sewing it to the opposite side of the ruffle trim layers.
12. Cut the dark pink floral sequin trim into two 18" lengths and attach with fabric glue onto flat part of the two 18" lengths of dark pink ruffle trim sewn in Step 10. Fold each cut end under ¼" and fabric glue to keep from fraying.
13. Measure ribbon neck straps, attached in Step 9, around child’s neck and mark spot to attach hook & eye closure.
14. Cut ribbon ½" longer, and fold ribbon under 1/2". Hand-sew hook & eye closure into place.
15. Fold 1 dark pink ribbon in half. Take ribbon loop and place through bottom of bandeau top between the left 18" dark pink ruffle vertical trim & 4" horizontal trim.
16. Take ribbon ends, thread through ribbon loop. Pull tight to create a knot around the bottom of the bandeau top. Repeat, attaching 1 light pink ribbon to same spot.
17. Attach 1 dark pink and 1 light pink ribbon to right side between 4" horizontal ruffle trim and 18" vertical trim, using same process in Steps 15-16.
18. Using Simplicity Ribbon Curler, curl ribbon attached in Steps 15-17.