Pink Iced Cake with Raspberries
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- Rose Icing Color
- Performance Pans® 10"x2" Square Pan
- 14.5"x20" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb. Tub
- 13" Angled Spatula
- Favorite white cake recipe or mix (9 cups batter used)
- Plastic ruler
- Cake plate
- Fresh raspberries, washed and dried completely
- Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Tint light rose. Bake cake and allow to cool completely.
- Decorate cake. Tint decorator icing light rose. Use spatula and light rose icing to ice cake. Use spatula to make diagonal marks. Cut 1/4" off ends of cake, and then cut into nine equal squares. Place on cake plate. Top each square with raspberries.
Project Tip: Tint cake batter a little darker than what you want the final color to be, because as the cake bakes, the color lightens.